- Scientific Publications and presentations- More than 60, in various Journals and Conferences both National and International
- Guest Lectures at National / International Conferences- More than 50, all over India & Abroad
- Operating faculty during live workshops at National and International Conferences- on more than 20 occasions.
- Expert panelist for Consensus Conference on Guidelines for laparoscopic treatment of Ventral Hernia at Suzhou,China.
- Conferences /CMEs/Seminars / Symposiums Organized. –more than twenty
Professional Training Abroad:
a. Cushieri Introductory Session to laparoscopic Surgery, Course in Advanced Endoscopic Surgical Skills & Course in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery Skills at Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Dundee(U.K.)-March 1997
b. Training in Laparoscopic Surgery & Urology at School of Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, USA- April 1997
c. Advanced training in Gastro Intestinal Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery of Upper G.I. Tract with Prof. Jeffrey H. Peters, Chief of General Surgery at School of Medicine, University of South California, Los Angeles, USA. - May 1997
d. Course in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at University of South California, Los Angeles (U.S.A) with Prof. Namir Kathkhouda, Chief Division of Primary and Minimal Invasive Surgery, University of South California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
• Working as a Sr. Consultant & HOD in General & Minimal Access Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital.
• Took Voluntary Retirement from the post of Prof. Surgery & Head of Surgical Unit, PGIMER, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi in Nov 2011.
• Former Consultant Surgeon to the Prime Minister of India.
• Three decades of surgical experience in PGIMER, Dr R M L Hospital, New Delhi. as Surgeon, Sr.Surgeon, Consultant Surgeon, Assoc.Prof. & Professor of Surgery.
• 15 Years experience of advanced laparoscopic surgery and Bariatric surgery.
• 24 Years Experience of teaching Post graduate (M.S Surgery) students of Delhi University & G.G.S. Indraprastha University at PGIMER, Dr RM L Hospital New Delhi.
• Undertook Eight Research Projects at PGIMER, Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi.
• Examiner of M.B.B.S. & M.S (Surgery) in medical Colleges across India.
• Appraiser of DNB Courses in Surgery in different major hospitals of Delhi.
• Involved in Training & Teaching of Laparoscopic Surgeons all over the country for last 12 years.
First surgeon of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital New Delhi who started laparoscopic Surgery at the Hospital in June, 1997 and is continuously pursuing advanced Laparoscopic Surgery including Metabolic and Obesity Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Hernia (all types) & Gall Bladder, - Anorectal Disorders including Piles and Fistula, - Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery.
Awards and Achievements
a. Awarded fellowship of International College of Surgeon (FICS) in 1995.
b. Fellowship of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (FMAS) in 2007.
c. Fellowship of Indian Assoc. of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (FIAGES) in 2008
d. Awarded WHO Fellowship at UK & USA by Govt. of India in the field of lap. Surgery.
e. Award for meritorious services and professional excellence in the field of surgery by Asian Arts and Cultural Society in the year 1997.
a. Founder member of Hernia Society of India (HSI) -National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society
b. Life member of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Society of Asia (ELSA).
c. Life member of Indian Asso. of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. (IAGES) and Member Executive -North Zone (2008-09).
d. Life member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) Presently “President Central Zone AMASI”.
e. Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
f. Life Member of Delhi State Chapter of ASI. Imm. Past President & Secretary (2004-2007) Delhi State Chapter of ASI
g. Life member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
h. Life member of Indian Hernia Society (IHS)
i. Life member of SELSI (Society of Endoscopic and Lap. Surgeons of India).
j. Life member of OSSI (Obesity Surgery Society of India)
k. Life member of India Habitat Centre, New Delhi