- MD (Med)
- D.M (Gastro - AIIMS)
- During the tenure at AIIMS, helped streamline the liver clinic. Was part of the team setting up MARS(Liver Dialysis)
- Restablished the Department of Gastroenterology at Batra Hospital, which included a DNB gastroenterology programme and a state of the art endoscopy unit.
Presently working as a Director & HOD in Gastroenterology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
15 years in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation.
Hepatology including transplant hepatology, Therapeutic endoscopy, Endsoscopic ultrasound
Awards and Achievements
- 2003 - Best Poster award: 6th annual conference of the Indian Society of vascular and interventional radiology held at Chandigarh.
- 2003 - Young Investigator award for paper entitled ‘Demographic profile, Genotypes and Therapeutic response in patients of HCV associated chronic Hepatitis in India’ at the annual conference of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
- 2002- Best paper award in the plenary session for the paper entitled ‘Role of Granulocyte Colony Stimulating factor in the management of patients of acute liver failure’ presented at the annual conference of the Indian Association of the study of liver meeting at Lucknow.
- 2002 - Received Young Investigator Bursary for presenting paper entitled “Vaccination against Hepatitis A virus may not be required in India: results of a sero-epidemiological study” at the annual conference of the European Association of the Study of Liver Disease Madrid, Spain.
- 2002- Observer in GI Endoscopy at the University of Hamburg, Germany under Professor Nib Sohendra for one week.
- Life member Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
- Life member Indian national society for the study of the liver.
- Life member Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India.