Endocrinology refers to study of endocrine glands that produce hormones. It deals with disorders of hormones and metabolism.
The hospital has a modern centralized lab which offers assays for all hormones and various metabolic parameters. The hospital has a modern nuclear medicine lab which offers radionuclide imaging and therapy with radio-isotopes. The hospital also has a radiology department that offers all imaging facilities.
Department also has services of endocrine surgeon and vascular surgeon
Services and Treatments Offered
The Endocrine department attends to following disorders.
- Diabetes and its complications
- Diabetes Foot Disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth and sexual development disorders
- Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, Calcium and parathyroid gland disorders.
- Hyperandrogenic disorders like Hirsutism, polycystic ovaries.
- Obesity (In consultation with Dietician, Bariatric Surgeon)
- Infertility (Consultation with Gynaecologist and Urologist, infertility specialist)
- Disorders of pituitary, adrenal and other Hormonal disorders.
BLK hospital is one of the first corporate hospitals in Delhi and NCR to start this super speciality department. Since the starting of this department, we have conducted maximum number of thyroid and parathyroid surgeries, compared to any private hospital in Delhi. This is one of the first departments to introduce minimal invasive neck surgeries for all Endocrine disorders. Department of Endocrine Sciences is equipped with facilities to give end to end solution to all endocrine and breast disorder.
Department has been instrumented in starting:
a) Day care surgeries for thyroid disease.
b) Endoscopic thyroid and parathyroid surgeries
c) Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
d) Endoscopic thymectomy
e) Endoscopic (minimal invasive) breast surgeries
f) Diabetic foot clinic
g) Organising camps for awareness of thyroid disease, breast cancer and diabetic foot problem
h) Stem cell therapy for foot ulcers