Emergency and Acute Care Medicine is a branch of medicine concerned with prompt diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of life-threatening medical situations. This service is provided by Emergency Physicians&Nurses who have been specially trained to handle emergency medical conditions in the shortest possible time. It is an integral component of the healthcare system and is the first point of contact for all medical emergencies and post hospital hour’s needs. The department also looks after transport of Critical patients by providing land and air ambulance services, and is the nodal center for disaster management.
Vision Statement: Emergency Department is committed to the development of world class emergency health care system staffed by competent, compassionate and ethical emergency medicine professionals responsive to the emergency medical needs of the people of Delhi NCR. The department focuses on Pre-hospital and Hospital Care, teaching, training and research in these areas.
“2 minutes and nobody dies”
- Dr. Rajesh Pande, Director -Department of Emergency & Acute Care Medicine
Emergency Medical Officers
- Dr. Avais Ahmed Bhatti, Emergency Medical Officer
- Dr. Mohammed Safir Haider, Emergency Medical Officer
- Dr. Harpreet Singh, Emergency Medical Officer
- Dr. Rajesh Kumar Saha, Emergency Medical Officer
- Independent Department: EDhas a dedicated registration counter and waiting lounge.
- Bed Strength: The Casualtyconsists of 13 beds, divided into triage and observation areas designed for rapid assessment and management of the critical patients.
- OR: It has an independent operation theatre with anaesthesia facilities for emergency surgery.
- Location: The Emergency is located close to the radiology, blood bank and the laboratory which maintains a harmonious flow and saves time.
- Dedicated corridor for fast transport of sick patients in the hospital.
- Pre-Hospital Care: Is provided by two state of the art ACLS and a BLS ambulance.
- Staffing: Emergency Room is staffed by emergency-trained physician and nurses, backed by on call specialists who work round the clock. A team of nine physicians and 13 nurses provide excellent services.
- Technology partners: GE, Drager, Respironics, Fresenius Kabi, Portex
- Point of Care Lab: ABG with electrolytes, lactate & glucose, Cardiac markers (Troponin I, Troponin T, CK-MB, Myglobin), NT ProBNP, Toxicology Screen, Urine ketones, Procalcitonin, alcohol breath analysis, alcohol analysis in saliva
- Disaster Plan: A well laid out plan for such emergencies and a ready stock to handle 30 disaster victims.
- Cardiac Arrest Response Team: The ED is part of cardiac arrest medical emergency team in the hospital
- Clinical matrix based on clinical symptom and syndromes.
- Ambulance Services:
- Patient transport service:
- Trauma care including brain and spine trauma
- Medico-legal evaluation
- Poisoning, snake bite and animal bite management
- Thrombolytic therapy in Ischaemic Stroke
- Thrombolytic therapy and Primary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction.
- Management of head and spine injuries
- Defibrillation and Cardioversion
- Intubation and ventilation (invasive & non-invasive)
- Training centre for BLS, ACLS and BTLS courses
- Training in Disaster Management