The department provides an active patient care service in the following areas: Clinical Pulmonology, Asthma-Allergy, Interventional Pulmonology, Pulmonary function testing and Sleep Disorders Unit.
Patient care is provided by a team of dedicated, highly trained respiratory physicians along with various clinical and support services. Additional support is provided by the, respiratory technicians, physiotherapists and patient counsellors.
Consultants: Dr. Vikas Maurya MD, FNB (CCM), EDIC (UK), FCCP (USA), Dr. Puneet Khanna MD, IDCCM, EDIC-I, FCCP (USA)
- Advanced pulmonology Care
- Excellent Team: Respiratory physicians / experts trained in premier institution in India & abroad, with dedicated supporting staff
- Technology Partners: Olympus, Fujinon, Respironics, Phillips
- Academics: Participates in national and international meetings to present papers and deliver lectures. Department conducts journal clubs, seminars, workshops and symposium.
- Interventional Bronchoscopy: Video-assisted Flexible Bronhcoscopy with facilities for TBLB/TBNA/Foreign body removal/ diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- Pulmonary Hypertension: Diagnosis and Management including right heart catheterization (PA Catheter)
- Pleural Procedures: Diagnostic & Therapeutic including pleural pigtail insertion and medical thoracoscopy
- Sleep Disorders Unit: Advanced Alice 4 Respironics [ Phillips] - Snoring and Sleep Apnea diagnosis and management
- Pulmonary Function Testing: Spirometry, Lung volumes and diffusion studies
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: For chronic lung diseases like Asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Diseases.
- Allergy: Comprehensive allergy diagnosis and management including Anti IgE therpy.
- Unit manages patients with
»Pneumonia, tuberculosis, respiratory failure (I &II), asthma, COPD, Sarcoidosis, ILD, Pleural effusion, pneumothorax, »Pulmonary embolism, Pulmonary edema, ALI & ARDS, sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea, central apnea,
»Lung Cancers and other pulmonary disorders