The BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the largest Superspeciality tertiary care hospital in Delhi. The Pediatric Hematology Oncology Unit at BLK Super Speciality Hospital is one of the leading pediatric oncology setup in private sector in North India. The Program offers comprehensive, single-point-of-access, patient-centric care for various hematological disorders (benign and malignant), various solid tumors and for patients undergoing bone marrow/ stem cell transplant therapy.
Hospital has a dedicated day care chemotherapy unit with trained oncology nursing staff. The department is well supported with state of art Hematology Laboratory, Transfusion Medicine, Nuclear medicine and Department of radiation oncology. The radiation oncology unit is one of the most advanced centers in the country.
Services and Treatments Offered
- Leukemia (ALL, AML, CML etc)
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hodgkin's Disease
- Wilms tumor
- Rhabdomyosarcoma and other soft tissue sarcomas
- Bone tumors
- Brain tumors
- Germ cell tumors (Gonadal/Extragonadal)
- Liver tumors
- Nutritional anemias (Iron deficiency, Vitamin B12, Folic acid deficiency)
- Thalassemia and other hemolytic anemias.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and other platelet disorders.
- White blood cell disorders.
- Immunodeficiency states (SCID, Wiscott Aldrich Syndroma etc.)
- Aplastic Anemia
- Other bone marrow failure syndromes (like PNH, Fanconi's anemia and congenital bone marrow failure states)
Many core members of the Hematology and Blood & Marrow Transplant Program have been working together as a transplant team.
Team members Include
- Pediatric Oncologist Hematologist
- Trained Onconurses, Inpatient day care
- Health Psychologist
- Registered Dietician
- Critical Care Specialists
- Transfusion Medicine Department–Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Aphaeresis, Platelet Aphaeresis and Cryogenic laboratory
- Quality Improvement/ Assurance Program Staff