Interventional Radiology department, one of its kinds in the city, offers a single window for all minimally invasive procedures (which have revolutionized medical treatment options) using image guidance. The motto of the department is to keep patient’s interest as paramount and to provide personalized care round the clock. The department offers all types of Vascular and Non Vascular interventions and state of the art Digital Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy services, High Resolution Ultrasound & Colour Doppler services for breast, infertility and vascular disorders. The scope of the procedures is being expanded gradually to cover the entire gambit of interventions.
The department is equipped with state of the art equipments such as flat panel Cath Lab with digital subtraction & 3 dimensional rotational angiography, premium colour Doppler machine, digital mammography & stereotactic breast biopsy system, backed by stringent quality checks.
The faculty includes highly experienced, skilled and distinguished and dedicated doctors supported by professional, patient friendly paramedical team.
Services and Treatments Offered
- Peripheral Vascular disease screening
- Peripheral angiographies & angioplasties (Carotid, Renal, Iliac, subclavian, venous, mesenteric, aortic, below knee arteries)
- Venous angioplasties & stenting
- Non Surgical control of life threatening bleeding from Gastrointestinal tract(Blood in vomit/stool), Genito-urinary tract(blood in urine), Respiratory tract(coughing blood)
- Catheter directed thrombolytic therapy in veins & arteries (to save the limbs from reduced supply due to clot in them)
- Chemotherapy for tumours (target therapy to tumour with reduced risk of complications/ without surgery)
- Pre operative devascularisation of vascular tumours (thus reducing blood loss during surgery)
- Embolization of arterio-venous malformations (treating abnormal bunch of vessels without surgery / facilitating complete removal).
- Varicose vein ablation by Laser /radiofrequency ablation ((treatment without surgery)
- Aortic aneurysm stent grafting (by non surgical treatment)
- Endovascular management of post traumatic pseudo aneurysm
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS)
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Inferior vena cava filter insertions
- Aneurysm coiling
- Embolization of arterio-venous malformations
- Image guided insertion of central lines
Non vascular Procedures
- Image guided (Ultrasound/ CT guided) fine needle aspiration & biopsies from various regions (including biopsy from kidney, breast, liver, bone & tumours in various regions)
- Percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage
- Biliary stenting
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Percutaneous drainages of deep seated abscesses
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Radiofrequency ablation of tumours
- Intraoperative ultrasound guidance for excision of non palpable breast lesions
Mammography & Breast
- Digital Mammography
- High resolution Sonomammography
- Ultrasound guided breast FNAC
- Stereotactic guided Core breast biopsy
- Ultrasound guided aspiration of cysts
Get a closer glimpse of our specialists below and view their detailed profile.