There are varied cancer treatment options to remove or destroy cancer within the healthy bone tissue and nearby tissues. These may include surgical processes, therapies or a combination of both.
- Surgical Process: A doctor aims to remove the tumour and some of the bone tissue that is in the surrounding areas where the cancer may have spread while preserving the affected limb
- Radiation Therapy: Involves the use of high-energy waves to kill cancer cells
- Chemotherapy: Involves the use of powerful medicines to kill cancer cells
- Targeted Therapy: Targets cancer specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that contributes to cancer growth and survival
- Immunotherapy: Involves the use of medicines that prompt the body's immune system or natural defences to destroy cancer
A patient might get Chemotherapy or Targeted Therapy along with surgery or radiation. This approach will help in treating the residual cancer cells, during other forms of treatment.