The Paediatric Haematology & Oncology Unit at BLK Super Speciality Hospital offers comprehensive paediatric cancer care. From diagnostic evaluation, therapy plans to extensive psychological and social support, we at Paediatric Oncology Unit attack cancer from every angle.
With a large number of Paediatric Oncology, Haematology, Immunology, and Bone Marrow Transplant, all under one roof, we offer patients the ability to participate in the broadest possible range of clinical trials, with access to potential therapies.
Our facility has the largest Bone Marrow Transplant unit in India, offering autologous and allogeneic transplants. At BLK Hospital, we believe that no child should suffer from cancer and should not be denied treatment due to a lack of funds. Hence, we engage NGOs to provide financial and social support to needy children and their families.
Our team of doctors boasts of both nationally and internationally trained experts, treating a range of diseases pertaining to Haematology, Oncology, and Immunology.
What Are The Services Provided At The Paediatric Haematology & Oncology Unit?
Doctors conduct many tests to diagnose cancer and learn if the cancer has spread to another part of the body. Paediatric Cancer is often diagnosed using the following tests:
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Screening Test
- Staging Tests
- Radiation Therapy: The therapy aims at killing the cancer cells in the affected part of the body by involving the use of high-energy waves.
- Chemotherapy: The therapy aims at killing the cancer cells in the affected part of the body by using powerful medicines.
- Targeted Therapy: This therapy aims at targeting cancer’s specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that contributes to cancer growth and survival.
- Immunotherapy: This therapy involves the use of medicines that prompt the body's immune system or natural defences to destroy cancer.
- Stem-Cell Transplantation: It is one of the most advanced methods used to restore the functioning of bone marrow either by allogeneic or autologous transplantation. The process is then followed by high-dose chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
What Are The Conditions We Treat Under The Paediatric Haematology & Oncology Unit?
The different types of cancers that occur most often in children are:
- Solid Tumours
- Wilms tumour (Kidney tumours )
- Liver tumours (hepatoblastoma or hepatocellular carcinoma)
- Germ cell tumours
- Brain and spinal cord tumours
- Blood Malignancies
- Lymphoma (including both Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin)
- Multiple myeloma
- Other types of tumour in children are:
- Bone cancer (including osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma)
- Endocrine tumours
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Skin cancer
Find Complete Relief from BLK Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the BLK Hospital team to schedule an appointment at : +91-11-30403040