The Paediatric Neurology Unit at BLK Super Speciality Hospital provides a comprehensive tertiary neurology service for newborn patients until 16 years of age. The unit diagnoses and offers treatment for disorders of the Brain, Spinal Cord, Nerves, Neuromuscular Junction, Muscles and Neurotransmitters.
Our Paediatric Neurologists at the unit work cohesively to provide the most compassionate and up-to-date care for children with Paediatric Neurological disorders like Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Stroke, Neuromuscular Disorders / Muscle Dystrophies, Demyelinating Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, Neuro-metabolic Disorders, Headaches, Ataxias, Autism, etc. We are home to highly trained Paediatric Neurology team that works closely with the Neurosurgeons, Neonatologists and Paediatric Intensivists, offering advanced medical care and rehabilitation services for chronic and disabling conditions, acute illnesses and injuries.
What Are The Services Provided At The Paediatric Neurology Unit?
The Unit provides services like:
- 24- Hours Video Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)/ Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)
- Muscle / Nerve / Skin Biopsy
- Selected Genetic Studies
- Paediatric Sleep Study
- Minimally invasive brain surgery
- Back pain management
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Care
- Comprehensive Headache Care
- Cerebral palsy Clinic (Botox Injection)
As part of the treatment plan, various dietary therapies (Ketogenic Diet and Modified Atkins Diet) are also being offered to Epilepsy patients.
What Are The Conditions We Treat Under The Paediatric Neurology Unit?
We offer care to patients with conditions such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Childhood Stroke and perinatal injuries
- Childhood Epilepsy
- Headaches and cluster headaches
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR)
- Cerebral Hypoxia
- Brain Tumours in children
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Neuropathic pain
- Movement disorders, tics and Tourette Syndrome
- Genetic and metabolic disorders
- Neurodevelopmental disorders and learning disabilities
- Brain malformations and hydrocephalus
- Tuberous sclerosis
- Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and Type 2
- Neurocutaneous Syndromes
Find Complete Relief from BLK Experts
If you think you are facing similar conditions, or have suffered from them in the past, please contact the BLK Hospital team to schedule an appointment at : +91-11-30403040