Paediatric Urology is a subspecialty of surgery which deals with Paediatric urological disorders that are present in children from birth and are very different from that of adult urological problems. These include the disorders related to Genitourinary System in children, such as the kidneys, ureters, bladder, sexual and reproductive organs.
We aim to offer treatment for a wide range of urologic problems affecting children, including obstructions in the urinary tract, hypospadias, vesicoureteral reflux, incontinence, genital abnormalities, undescended testes, and tumours of the kidney, bladder, vagina, and testes in children. Our team of highly-trained surgeons holds great expertise in performing Laparoscopic and Endoscopic urological surgeries with high precision and care, considering the fact that the patient being operated is a small child. They work in collaboration with our obstetrician and paediatric nephrologists to ensure the best positive outcomes and focus on improving the quality of life of every patient.
Urological surgeries we offer include:
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter Implantation: It is a procedure where a device is implanted to treat moderate to severe conditions related to stress urinary incontinence that restricts the urine flow.
- Bladder Reconstruction: It is a surgical procedure to construct a new bladder, generally performed after bladder removal surgery (cystectomy). A surgeon creates a new way for urine to exit your body.
- Cystoscopy: The process to examine the lining of the bladder for any complications.
- Deflux Procedure: Deflux procedure is a non-invasive way of injecting sterilized, biodegradable gel called Deflux into the bladder wall to treat vesicoureteral reflux (VUR).
- Drug Therapy: Also called pharmacotherapy, is a general term used for the medication to treat disease.
- Endourologic Surgery: It is a minimally invasive technique used to treat kidney stones.
- Genitoplasty/Vaginoplasty: It is a reconstructive plastic surgery performed over genitals to repair injuries, and damage arising from cancer treatment, or endocrine conditions, repair injuries, and damage arising from cancer treatment, or congenital disorders, endocrine conditions.
- Penile And Urethral Reconstruction: It is reconstructive surgery performed to repair the injured or defective parts within the walls of the urethra.
- Robotic Surgery: Robotic surgery is an advanced way to perform urological surgery using a robotic arm.
- Ureteral Reimplantation: It is a surgery performed to treat a condition in which urine from the bladder is able to flow back up into the kidneys.
- Various Urological Disorders we treat include:
- Undescended Testis
- Pelviureteric Junction Obstruction (Pyeloplasty)
- Vesicoureteric Reflux
- Posterior Urethral Valve