Centre for Critical Care
BLK Centre for Critical Care has Medical, Surgical, Neurosciences and organ transplant ICU’s, located in close proximity to the operation theatres and CSSD, and supported by step down High Dependency Units. These units have dedicated Nursing station, central monitoring, clean & dirty utility areas and are manned by specialty nurses. For immuno-compromised and infected patients, there are isolations rooms with independent AHUs. Patient care in ICU is provided by a team of dedicated, highly trained critical care and respiratory physicians along with various clinical and support services. Additional support is provided by the nurse educator, respiratory technicians, physiotherapists and patient counsellors.
Academic courses offered by the BLK Center for Critical Care
- Fellowship of the National Board in Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine
- Indian Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Observership in Critical Care Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Care
- Excellent Team: Critical Care Experts trained in premier institution in India & abroad and brilliant nurses provide personalized 24 x 7 care to the patients.
- Technology Partners: GE, Huntleigh, Hillrom, Olympus, Fujinon, Respironics, Tyco, Braun, Philips
- Point of Care Lab: ABG with electrolytes, lactate & glucose, Cardiac markers (Troponin I, Troponin T, CK-MB, Myglobin), NT ProBNP, Toxicology Screen, Urine ketones, Procalcitonin
- Advanced Blood Bank: component therapy and leucoreduced, gamma irradiated blood available
- Bundles of Care: Sepsis, CRBSI, VAP, intubation bundles are followed.
- Facility for ICU interventions & procedures: ECG, EEG, Echocardiography, Ultrasound and venous Doppler, Upper and lower GI endoscopy with bleeding control, Video-bronchoscopy, Broncho-alveolar lavage, Cardiac pacing, IABP, Hemodialysis, CRRT, SLED, CT, MRI and nuclear imaging, Non invasive Ventilation- CPAP & BIPAP, invasive Ventilation including Recruitment Maneuvers, Prone Ventilation, APRV & Extra Corporeal Membrane oxygenation & Co2 removal.
- Infection Control Program: Universal precautions and aseptic precautions are followed in the unit and infection rates like CRBSI, VAP, BSI and SSI are followed on a monthly basis.
- Quality Indicators: ALOS, SMR, APACHE II, SOFA, End of life care issues besides the infection rates
- Academics: Participates in national and international meetings to present papers and deliver lectures. Department conducts workshops and symposium.