The clinic offers two highly specialized techniques for hair restoration – FUT & FUE. The process is conducted under the effect of local anaesthesia, therefore, no pain or discomfort is experienced during the procedure. The transplant process may take up to four hours and more.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Step 1: The surgeon will make an incision (several inches long) at the back of the head to cut out a strip of scalp skin using a scalpel.
- Step 2: The incision made at the back of the head will be closed with stitches.
- Step 3: In this step, the surgeon will take the removed portion of the scalp and divide it into small sections using a magnifying lens and sharp surgical knife.
- Step 4: These sections will be implanted in the scalp, which will help achieve natural-looking hair growth.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Step 1: The surgeon will cut out the hair follicles directly from the back of the head by making hundreds to thousands of tiny punch incisions.
- Step 2: Then, the surgeon will make tiny holes in the area of the scalp where the hair will be transplanted with a blade or needle.
- Step 3: The surgeon will then gently graft the cutout hair follicles in these holes. Hundreds and thousands of hair strands can be transplanted in one go.
- Step 4: After the graft, the scalp will be covered with gauze or bandages for a few days.
The Hair Restoration Clinic uses the specialised technique of microfollicular grafting, which involves the use of sophisticated operating microscopes for hair transplantation.