The major treatment approaches used by our surgeons for performing MICS include:
Robot-Assisted Heart Surgery
MICS can be performed as a robot-assisted surgery wherein a surgeon carries out the procedure with the help of robotic arms that are controlled by a special console using precise image guidance.
MICS procedure is also done using a long, thin tube known as a thoracoscope which is inserted inside the chest, along with a tiny camera, via keyhole incisions.
There are various different types of heart procedures that can be conducted using minimally invasive heart surgery, such as:
- Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
- Tricuspid Valve Repair and Replacement
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure
- Atrioventricular Septal Defect Surgery
- Maze Procedure for Atrial Fibrillation
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABS)
- Saphenous Vein Harvest for CABS