Emergency & Acute Care Medicine
Emergency and Acute Care Medicine is a branch of medicine concerned with prompt diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of life-threatening medical situations. This service is provided by Emergency Physicians & Nurses who have been specially trained to handle emergency medical conditions in the shortest possible time. It is an integral component of the healthcare system and is the first point of contact for all medical emergencies and post hospital hour’s needs. The department also looks after transport of Critical patients by providing land and air ambulance services, and is the nodal center for disaster management.
Location: The Emergency is located close to the radiology, blood bank and the laboratory which maintains a harmonious flow and saves time.
- Dedicated corridor for fast transport of sick patients in the hospital.
- Pre-Hospital Care: Is provided by two state of the art ACLS and a BLS ambulance.
- Staffing: Emergency Room is staffed by emergency-trained physician and nurses, backed by on call specialists who work round the clock.
- Point of Care Lab: ABG with electrolytes, lactate & glucose, Cardiac markers (Troponin I, Troponin T, CK-MB, Myglobin), NT ProBNP, Toxicology Screen, Urine ketones, Procalcitonin, alcohol breath analysis, alcohol analysis in saliva
- Disaster Plan: A well laid out plan for such emergencies and a ready stock to handle 30 disaster victims.
- Cardiac Arrest Response Team: The ED is part of cardiac arrest medical emergency team in the hospital
- Clinical matrix based on clinical symptom and syndromes.