BLK Centre For Child Health >> Treatment Offered >> Neonatology
The Neonatal Unit offers a wide range of services for complex medical and surgical neonatal problems, overseen by an excellent team of Neonatologists, Neonatal Nurses and allied Health Specialists. The care of patients in the Unit involve extensive co-operation with many other teams and departments within the hospital.
The Neonatology Unit has 3 separate areas consisting of ICU (Intensive Care Unit), step down nursery for inborn babies and an isolation area for babies who require special care. It also has a state-of-the-art Foetal and Paediatric Cardiology Department where Foetal Echocardiography is done for high risk pregnancy.
These tests give an insight not only into the cardiac problems during antenatal period, but also the non-cardiac issues which could have a major impact on the management of the baby. All babies born in our hospital are subjected to OAE (Otoacoustic Emission) test for detecting hearing loss.
- Radiant Warmers and Incubators
- Neonatal Ventilator, Oscillator or 'High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilator' (HFOV)
- A "blender" which mixes pure oxygen and air (or other gases) in precise ratios and delivers the resulting mixture to the baby
- T-piece Resuscitator or NeoPuff
- Invasive Blood Pressure Monitoring
- LED Phototherapy Lights and Biliblankets
- Bedside EEG and Video EEG Monitoring
- Bedside ECHO and Ultrasonography
- Bedside Screening and Treatment for ROP
- Bedside PDA Ligation Facility
- Neonatal Flexible Bronchoscopy
- Transport Incubator and Ventilator
- NNF (Neonatal Fellowship Programme) for Paediatric Resident and Nurses
- 24x7 Transport services (Road and Air Transport services)